lunes, 21 de diciembre de 2009

Going on right now.

I just wanted to make a small post on what's going on in the factory at the moment. First I have to say that I am greatly thankful to GOD, because HE's been helping me a lot with all the projects. Head Action Soccer did great thanks to Him & I'm very glad for the final product and it's acceptance at the great site of Minijuegos.com. I'm thinking on making a sequel for next year's World Cup, but I'm still thinking about the new features it will have. I have in mind some new stuff but it could drastically change the gameplay, or at least make it be based in a different concept, making the "Head" part not that of a main role in the game.

Talking about the new stuff being written at this time, it's a platformer. I hope it'll be a fresh idea. I haven't tried such a thing before because it has such a bunch of gameplay changes along the story, still keeping the thing simple: jump & run. That's all you do, but there will be a set of challenges that [I hope] will make every level a new dare different to the previous ones, where you'll have to use your ability, sometimes intelligence, and more frequently your patience :)

At first I was doubtful about what the main character will be. I started thinking it to be a yellow dude I used in previous games (Jumpagon, and one skateboarding game that still isn't released). Then I threw in a sort of a ninja dude that I was going to use for an action game, but it is still very primitively drawn because it was just done for testing. I wasn't going to use it and hadn't even considered it, until my sister told me she thought that I was going to use it and that it was good. But I think that consideration came to collision with the new idea I had in mind at that time which is using a bunny. Yup, simple as that... the dude ended up being a bunny.

It's a bit funny how I came up with this (hope not to bore you). One day (well, several actually) I was looking for my sticker albums of the past World Cups whicj, by the way, I still haven't found! So I was messing everything up looking for them, and searching in some papers I have in my closet in which I looked like 3 or 4 times to find them. And in those papers there are old notebooks from school and plenty other kinda things. So I was looking at the drawings I made at the last pages of the notebooks and found this crazy-looking bunny and I thought "that could make a nice character!" (but not in English cus I think in Spanish.. cus I speak Spanish :P). So the idea was sitting there until I decided to take that as the main character.

What was pulling me off a bit was the animation, because that's what I am least used to. What I do the most (and probably enjoy the most) is programming, however drawing has always been something I love and I've revived it a bit lately. So I drew it and thank God I think it ended up pretty well. The animation is done at this point so no more worrying about that :)

There are like 9 levels right now. And I'm trying to bring in the best ideas of the brainstorm I did beforehand. I have to say that my lovely girlfriend and my sister have been much help (and always are) and that helps me to have some better ideas and to make the levels suitable for other people that is not me. I've been delaying the making of this game some days because thank God, as I said, there are some projects running on aswell and am making some touches and adding some logos for some nice sponsors.

So that's about it. I thought it was going to be brief but guess it wasn't :P However if you compare it to a book it's actually brief. And maybe I feel it long because I'm writing it right now, but for you who read it it's just a piece text, as it happens sometimes when you text a message in your cellphone an then realize it was shorter than a tweet and your fingers are aching. Which, by the way, doesn't happen in Twitter because those 140 characters seem just too little for our creative brains sometimes. But well... that's a bit off-topic :) Thanks for reading and God bless y'all!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario